We are proud to announce the arrival of our handpicked collection of bakewarepieces made in collaboration with the UK heritage brand Silverwood.
The warehouse at Blake & Bull is full of happy noise, boxes are being gently opened and tissue flies as we un-wrap the silver goodies within. We take pride in selling wares that are made in the UK, and we could not wait to add these to our aisles.
Silverwood has been industriously making high quality, award-winning, professionally endorsed bakeware in Birmingham since the 1960's.
The Blake & Bull bakeware is made from Silver Anodised Aluminium, a material that gets better with age. As fats are gently absorbed into the metal, it develops a natural non-stick patina. They are recommended by professional chefs primarily for their durability and even fast heat spread. In fact, cooking times can be reduced by 2/3! That can only be good when you have a festive meal to pull together and a family of hungry tums to feed.
What Makes Them Special
- They can withstand hard use in the worlds busiest professional kitchens
- Made in the UK, using traditional methods
- Heat is spread efficiently across the alloy material, reducing cooking times and ensuring your bake is even
- Over time your bakeware will develop a natural non-stick patina
- Suitable for freezing - the bakeware chills as quickly as it heats - so you can cool your food quickly and when you need to thaw, this is speedy too!
- The uncoated surface means that it has a longer lifespan - it will not peel, bubble, warp or rust
- Recyclable- if you ever want to part with it - but we don't think that you'll want to! But it is reassuring to know that it is responsibly manufactured and can go on to live another life.