This guide will work for all Aga range cooker types, may look a bit different but the principles are the same! It uses our door liner replacement kit.
- Fold a thick large towel in half and lay it flat on your worktop.
- Using one hand on the top and one of the bottom of your Aga range cooker's door lift it carefully and slowly straight up.
- Once the pins are free of the bracket holes place the door with the enamel facing up. Give the door a good clean using our cleaning kit for use with range cookers.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the 4 screws in each corner of the liner.
- When all screws are removed use your screwdriver to lever up the liner as shown below. Do this at different parts around the liner until it will lift free.
- When liner is off you can remove the seal. It may look like this or may be a simple rope (black or white) that has been glued to the door.
- Squirt a little WD40 or light oil equivalent into the screw holes. It will stop future corrosion and make the new screws easier to get in later on.
- Before you do anything else give the hinges a good scrub!
- Pop the new liner on the door with insulation inside and place a screw in each hole. Pull back the protective film just a little as it will protect the liner from marks while you fit it.
- Screw in the liner securely and remove the film.
- Run a bead of high temperature glue around the gap between the liner and door edge.
- Take the seal and, starting halfway along the bottom of the door, press it into the glue lightly all the way around until they join.
Matthew is from a farming family near Bath and a graduate of King's College London who decided not to follow the 'standard' path into banking or the law. He has been working with these fabulous cookers in some form or another since 2003. Matthew runs Blake and Bull from beautiful Bradford on Avon, near Bath. Alf the golden retriever makes sure the working day finishes at 6pm sharp - dog walk time!