Community member CB e-mailed us to ask for our soufflé tips!
"I’d like to try a soufflé in my four oven aga range cooker. Do you recommend baking them on the bottom of roasting oven with a cold plain shelf on top runners? Or would you suggest baking in the baking oven.'
- Relax - any soufflé recipe requires a soft hand and a gentle fold!
- Have your serving plates prepared - so you can serve quickly!
- Equip yourself with a tray that fits directly on your oven runners, and a set of ramekins.
- Butter your ramekins! Have a pastry brush to hand to brush all your pots as you melt the butter at the start of the process.
- You can keep your mix in the fridge for 24Hrs in advance, but you must be ready to eat as soon as you cook - no hardship there!
- You can even freeze them in your ramekins and tray, cook 20 mins from frozen.
- I prefer to use a metal spoon for folding, I find the edge is better for folding delicate egg whites - that's my tip!
- Enjoy! YUM
Sarah has written a set of very comprehensive and friendly cookbooks, packed with tasty recipes, tried and tested for range cooker cookery success. With all her soufflé recipes, sweet and savoury alike, she recommends a half roaster tray, fits on runners, with a set of ramekins.
Do please send us in your snaps! Katy x