Meal Type: Accompaniment, Tapas, Starter
Cook time: 5 Minutes
Servings: 5 as part of a range of tapas
Such a speedy, simple and tasty little tapa, perfecto to serve your guests with an aperativo before dinner!
You may need...
- Griddle to toast bread
- Serving board or plate
- Toast your bread slices on the Aga on one side only (or under the grill).
- Remove the stork from the fig and then with a knife carefully cut into 6 equal segments (you will have one leftover).
- Place your tostadas (toasted bread) on a serving board or plate toasted side up, then drizzle with the olive oil before dividing the cheese between the toasts, spreading it in the centre of each slice.
- Using the cocktail or pincho stick carefully secure your fig segment by holding it upright on top of the cheese and skewering through the skin and into the toast.
- Drizzle honey over the top of each fig and serve straight away, ¡delicioso!
Recipe Tips:If preferred, swop the blue cheese for a soft goats’ cheese.
Aga Range Cooker Tips:Using a griddle pan on the boiling plate is an excellent way to toast bread on one side.
This recipe was submitted by Blake & Bull community member Heather:
¡Hola! I am Heather, a passionate enthusiast of all things Spanish and an experienced cook and teacher running Talking Tapas (a Spanish cookery and language school) from my home in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
I believe that the culture of tapas is one we can all benefit from – quick, delicious recipes and dishes to share with our loved ones over a glass of vino, ¡perfecto!