By: Matthew Bates
Meal Type: Snack
Cook time: 35 Mins
Servings: 1 Portion
Method:1. Wash your veg, and towel dry. Do not peel.
2. Slowly and steadily cut your spuds and parsnips to around 1mm thick slices. Be as accurate as you can, thin is best, but do not discard any slightly thicker ones, they are still as yummy! You can of course use a mandolin, but I hand cut mine.
3. Soak your slices, making sure that they are covered for 10 mins or so, in salted water, then drain well. Separate them out and pat dry on a clean t-towel.
4. Place in your simmering oven on a pre-heated tray, for 25-35 min. The oven should be running at around 120 ℃, just perfect!
5. Lay the slices out, I found this quite therapeutic, cook in batches, don't be tempted to overlay them.
6. Once crisp, season in a bag or large bowl with the paprika, pepper and salt and chomp away!
7. You could also try Onion salt, vinegar in the soaking water, dried herbs....Let us know how you get on!