By: Katy Boys
Meal Type: Dessert
Cook time: 3 Hours
Servings: 1 Pudding Basin
- 4 oz (110g) butter
- 4 oz (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz (175g) self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 standard jar best quality lemon curd (works well with any jam, marmalade, mincemeat or nutella too!)
- Stand the butter beside the Aga range cooker to soften.
- Line a 2-pint (1 litre) pudding basin with cling film. Tip in a third of the jar of lemon curd.
- Mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder. Add the remaining lemon curd and stir in.
- Pour into the pudding basin and cover with clingfilm to make a lid. Put the bowl into the simmering oven for 2 – 3 hours.
- Turn out, and serve with custard.
>> See more wonderful recipes specifically for range cookers on our recipes page.