By: Katy Boys
Meal Type: Lunch, Dinner
Cook time: 25 Mins
Servings: 6 Ramekins
1. Melt the butter in a pan on the simmering plate. Using a pastry brush, grease six ramekin dishes (or a 2Pt soufflé dish) with melted butter. Put some grated parmesan into each ramekin and shake around so that it sticks to the butter.
2. Add the flour to the remaining butter in the pan and once mixed, stir in the milk and seasoning. Bring to the boil on the simmering plate, stirring all the time as this is a very thick sauce. Set on one side, to cool a little.
3. Crumble the cheese and beat into the cool sauce. Separate the eggs and stir the yolks into the sauce, one at a time. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold in the cheese sauce.
4. Pour into the prepared dishes and set in the small roasting tin. Hang the tin from the THIRD set of runners in the roasting oven for 15 mins (if in one big dish cook for 25 mins) until - HOORAH - puffed up and golden.
5. Serve immediately before they collapse.