Both this delightful photo of our 'fits on runners' baking tray & this toasty crunchy granola recipe were gifted to us by Blake & Bullcommunity member and cosy B&Bowner @craftshillbarn. Her "B&B guests devour it!"
This 'recipe' is not an exact science, your wet mix should stick to the dry goods, and not leave excess.
You may need...
- A mixing bowl & wooden spoon
- A large roasting tin which fits on your runners
Ingredients...A bit of this, a scoop of that, a shake of this...
- 3 Tbsp of Coconut oil, melted gently
- A dollop of golden syrup
- A dash of vanilla extract
- An ooze of honey
- Make a bowl with your hands, use three of these of rolled oats
- Nuts and Seeds of your choice, around 1 of these 'handfuls'
- Dried Berries, cranberries are good, but go with what you have, 1 of these 'handfuls'
- A gentle shake of warming cinnamon
- A pinch of good sea-salt
Right, lets get cooking!
1. Pop the Coconut oil in a bowl on the back of the cooker to melt - keep an eye, won't take long.
2. Add to this your other wet ingredients and mix well (use an oiled spoon to smoothly add the syrup and honey if you don't have squeezy bottles.)
3. Mix up all your ingredients in a large bowl until all is coated well, and not in clumps.
4. Cook for around 10-15 mins, middle runner of roasting oven.
5. Cool, and then add dried cranberries.
6. Store (if it lasts more than a day) in a large airtight jar once fully cooled.