Instructions for 'eCook' electric reconditioned Aga range cookers
If you have any questions and can't find the answers on our website then please don't hesitate to drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01225 541006.
Firstly lets cover some warnings and health and safety stuff. It's easy to get blasé when you read those words but please do read closely; it will only take a few minutes!
- Always turn off power supply/supplies before removing the control panel cover.
- Warning: the appliance and its accessible parts become hot during use. Care should be taken to avoid touching heating elements.
- Children should not use, play with, clean or maintain the appliance.
- Warning: unattended cooking on a hob with fat or oil can be dangerous and may result in fire.
- Never try to extinguish a fire with water. Switch off the appliance and cover flame with a fire blanket.
- Warning: danger of fire. Do not store items directly on the cooking surfaces.
- Warning: do not use a steam cleaner on your Aga range cooker for cleaning.
- Metallic items like cutlery and pan lids should not be left on the hob as they can get hot.
- Warning: danger of fire. Do not leave flammable items on the hob lids.
Now for the instructions! Firstly make sure you have turned on the power at the wall.
Controlling your electric ovens... (these instructions are to control the temperature of the top oven, the temperature of the lower oven will always be approx 60 degrees lower than that of the top oven).
- Turn the oven on/off switch to the 'On' position. The switch will illuminate and the oven will now be turned on.
- Once the controller has run through its start up sequence the oven temperature readout will be displayed. At this point the temperature can now be adjusted.
- To do so press the 'Up' or 'Down' arrow buttons until the display reads the desired temperature. After a short interval the display will revert to showing the actual temperature in the ovens.
- To turn the ovens off turn the on/off switch to the 'Off' position. The switch will no longer be illuminated.
Note: The ovens will return to the temperature to which they were last set when turned on.
Controlling the electric hobs...
- The hobs are controlled by the control knobs. To turn the hobs on, turn them clockwise to the desired setting. Number 1 is the minimum setting and number 8 is the maximum setting. The green lights next to the knobs will illuminate when the hob elements are energised.
- To turn the hobs off turn them anti-clockwise to the off (0) position.
Note: The hobs can be set to any temperature in preparation for cooking with the lids down. Once you have finished cooking turn them down to between settings 0-4. If the lids are left down for an extended period with the settings between 6-8 the lids will get extremely hot and the overheat safety may trip.