Prune & Apricot Stuffing
A fruity stuffing to be offered up as a vegetarian alternative, or alongside as a lighter stuffing to cut through some of the heaviness in a Christmas meal. Freeze ahead of time for a stress-free smooth running Christmas day! Serves 6-8
Oven: Roasting oven, 400 ℉, 200 ℃, Gas 6
You may need...
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 oz (55g) Ready to eat prunes
- 2 oz (55g) Ready to eat dried apricots
- 4 oz (110g) Fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 Free range egg
- 1 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp Chopped fresh marjoram
- Seasoning - Black or white pepper and Salt
Right, lets get cooking!
1. Chop the onion and crush the garlic. Heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook for a minute until sizzling, then cover and transfer to the simmering oven for 15 mins until softened.
2. Chop the prunes & the apricots, add to the pan with the breadcrumbs herbs & Seasoning. Stir in enough beaten egg to bind the mix. Season now too...