An adaptable Greek recipe, great for a light supper and as leftovers for lunch the next day. This dish is easily 'made vegan' too. Make this a stalwart of your families recipe list, whether you are vegetarian or not, it is sure to satisfy.
This recipe is the perfect fit for our NEW flan tin, great for portioning control!
You may need...
Right, lets get cooking!
1. Chop your spinach, season well with salt, and rub well until it is wilted. (ignore this if you are using frozen)
2. If you are using frozen spinach, defrost season a squeeze util it has yielded all it's liquid
3. Fry off the RED onion, oregano (if using dry), pop into the simmering oven to soften.
4. Now combine your feta (or alternative) and fresh herbs with the cooked onions, and chopped spring onions.
5. Squeeze your spinach, and add to the cheese/tofu mix. Add some salt (feta is salty), the nutmeg, the zest, egg (flax alternative), and some white pepper. Taste and set aside.
6. Now brush your chosen tin with a delicious oil, and start to layer your filo, using half. Be informal, and let it overhang. Enjoy this, don't rush it! Then smooth in the filling. Then repeat with the pastry. Once complete, fold back in your overhang and oil this.
Use a cold shelf to bring roasting oven temperature down and shield your pie, you can remove to brown up top if needs be! Ideal cooking temp is 200℃, use a oven thermometer to get to know your cooker! Cook for 30-40 mins and enjoy warm with a zesty veg salad or crunchy coleslaw!
One for the spring - forage some wild garlic and substitute some of your spinach for that! Garnish your salad with the flowers.
We love what we do, are obsessive about customer service and have the reviews to prove it! If you have any questions before you order do get in touch, we are always happy to have a chat!
A small team of friendly people who focus on Aga range cookers!
Get our '12 ways to save money running your cooker' guide, the occasional special offer plus tips and advice! Join us now!