This delicious slab of a cake is easy to make, and bakes beautifully. It is a variation on a basic cake mix with added ground almonds and milk. With cocoa powder it is delicious with later summer fruits like raspberries, cherries and blackberries popped in the top. In early summer add roasted vanilla rhubarb! in mid summer? Plump British plums of course!
You may need...
Ingredients for the cake:
Lets get cooking!
1. Line your cake tin ready to receive your gooey mix! Cream together your butter and sugar until pale in colour and fluffy. Then gently add your beaten eggs a tablespoon or so at a time to prevent curdling.
2. Weigh out all your dry ingredients, and bung them in. combine them quickly, do not over mix. This will give you a light bake.
3. Add in your milk to loosen your batter
4. Dollop into your tin and place your fruit into the top, pushing down just a little.
5. Sprinkle with flaked almonds if you wish to!
Bake: You will need to use the cold shelf to moderate the temperature if you do not have a baking oven. After approximately 30-40 minutes, the shelf will cease to be effective, but the cake should be ready to gobble by then!
Ideal oven temp 150-160℃ for 30-35 mins
We love what we do, are obsessive about customer service and have the reviews to prove it! If you have any questions before you order do get in touch, we are always happy to have a chat!
A small team of friendly people who focus on Aga range cookers!
Get our '12 ways to save money running your cooker' guide, the occasional special offer plus tips and advice! Join us now!