Using non-stick; hints & tips!
Non-stick is pretty much a must have - it makes life MUCH easier! Shop the full collection. Many of these tips came directly from our customers via this post. Its a fantastic example of why we place such value on our little cooker community! Remember, you always use non-stick on the simmering (right hand) plate. Not the hotplate!
Simmering set cooking tips...
- Making fried eggs? If you remove the sheet from the hot plate once the egg has cooked the change of temperature releases the egg so it doesn’t stick.
- Leave the non-stick on for about 30 secs before you put the egg on so it’s hot and the egg doesn’t spread as much!
- Pop the lid down once you have cracked the egg onto the non-stick sheet, super speedy fried eggs! It does cook the yolk more thoroughly than some like though so be warned!
- Halloumi and bacon both cook well on the simmering sets, try cooking the bacon before the eggs (if you are making breakfast!) and it will give a little extra flavour!
- How about making toasties with your Aga range cookers hotplate?! Butter the outside of the bread slices, fill with yummy things and wrap in a sheet so all is protected from the surfaces. It helps to put the on non-stick sheet on for a few seconds before adding the sandwich.
- Wash before first use - a little warm soapy water will do the trick.
- After washing season by popping some olive oil on and warming throughly. Wash again before storing.
- Wash your non-stick after use with warm soapy water again or, even easier, just pop it through the dishwasher!
- Use either side of your non-stick sheets, there is no 'right' side!
- Store in rolled or flat form. Don't fold it or crease it!
- Do not use sharp implements or scourers on your, this includes knives! Don't cut food on it.
- All non-stick sheets darken with use - it's totally normal and it won't affect how it works.
- Do you have a gas or electric module with your cooker? - don't put our non-stick sheets or Bake-O-Glide on a flame or element.
- Bake-O-Glide & our non-stick is good to 260c / 500f / gas mark 8. Do not use on hotplate!