Plaice fillets in lime sauce recipe with instructions for cooking with your Aga range cooker
"Here is a really easy fish recipe, with the classic 'put it on the floor of the oven to boil' method that no one seems to know about! Delicious warm or room temperature as well as hot. Not 'freezable' but it only takes about 30 minutes to prepare from scratch." Sarah Whitaker - The Cast Iron Lady
You may need...
- 4 plaice, filleted and skinned
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp (30ml) butter or olive oil
- 1/2 pint fish stock
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp (15ml) cornflower
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tbsp (3g) caster sugar
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1 tbsp (15g) chopped chives
Right, lets get cooking!
- Line a large roasting tin with Bake-O-Glide™.
- Wash the fish fillets and pat dry on kitchen paper. Season then roll up the fillets (skin side on the inside) and lay them, folded side down, in the roasting tin.
- Put a blob of butter or dollop of oil on each piece of fish then cover the tin with foil.
- Hang the tin from the third set of runners and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and keep warm in the simmering oven until needed.
For the sauce...
- Grate the rind of the lime into the roasting tin, and add the stock.
- Put onto the floor of the roasting oven to boil for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the lime juice and stir in the cornflour. Add to the stock and return to the oven floor for a further 5 minutes to cook and thicken the cornflour. Stir well.
- Put the eggs, sugar, seasoning and ginger into a bowl and beat well. Still beating, pour on the hot stock. The sauce will thicken.
- Serve the fish with the sauce poured over, and sprinkled with chives.
< back to our 'Recipes with instructions for Aga range cookers' homepage.