Mini DIY jobs to improve the look and efficiency of your Aga range cooker
When we are with customers re-enamelling or converting their cookers we find find ourselves giving little bits of advice on things they can do themselves. I thought it might be helpful to write these down in a series of blog posts. There is a fair bit of cleaning involved in these tasks (may as well while you are at it!) so do see our cleaning kit to get the right kit and information.
- Clean those gunky spring handles. Make them look lovely!
- Replace door hinge washers. Reduce the heat transferred into your doors via the hinge and make your range cooker a little more efficient!
- Replace chrome hob caps. Remove, clean and replace to recreate the eye catching shininess of your original hob caps!
- Clean your Aga range cooker flue shroud, no scrubbing required! These really collect the dust, this is a simple way to keep on top of it!
- Replace your thermometer plate - the small thing that makes a BIG difference!
- Give your Aga range cooker a good scrub - very much worth a small investment of time this one!
- Once scrubbed touch up those chips to the enamel!
- Make your range cooker badge look smarter if the paint has chipped off or melted.