A seasonal loaf that works well with an autumnal cheeseboard, or as an accompaniment to a post roast 'left over' Ploughman's lunch! Just tear off a piece, and enjoy with butter and a good dark stout!
This recipe is the perfect fit for our Fabulous 2lb Loaf Tin
You may need...
Right, lets get cooking!
1. Set the Butter In a bowl on the back of the cooker to melt.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Peel, core and grate the apple and add to the bowl, mix.
4. Beat the eggs, add the eggs and milk to the melted butter and pour onto the dry mix. Combine.
5. Line a 2lb / 1kg Loaf tin with tin foil & pour the mix into it.
2 Oven Cooker:
Set the loaf tin into a large roasting tin and hang from the 4th runners in the roasting oven, with the cold plain shelf on the second runners.
Bake for 30 mins, then transfer the roasting tin to the simmering oven for 20 mins to finish cooking.
3 and 4 Oven Cooker:
Set the grid shelf on the floor of your baking oven, and pop the loaf tin into it. Cook for 45 mins until risen and brown.
The cake is cooked when a skewer pushed into the middle comes out clean. Turn onto a rack to cool and serve.
A brilliant Sarah Whitaker recipe!
We love what we do, are obsessive about customer service and have the reviews to prove it! If you have any questions before you order do get in touch, we are always happy to have a chat!
A small team of friendly people who focus on Aga range cookers!
Get our '12 ways to save money running your cooker' guide, the occasional special offer plus tips and advice! Join us now!