Do not be deceived by its rustic simplicity. Each piece is expertly designed, crafted and tested. We simply cannot enthuse about this product too much!
It doesn't take much to find a reason to fall in love with the @nethertonfoundryand its range. Here are a few...
The Prospector Panthe perfect companion for an Aga range cooker. Suitable to use in and out the oven, with no handle to remove. Use it as a frying pan, roasting dish & baking tray. The cast iron retains heat as you move it about, so you don't waste as much time and fuel getting a pan back up to temperature.
Due to its robustness and conductivity it also performs brilliantly when cooking out of doors. Fling it on the BBQ when your Aga range cooker is off for the summer. Simple summer suppers served in style!
So easy to maintain and cleaning products are low impact. Each little bottle of English cold pressed flax oilshould last you 10 years (per pan).
This range has longevity not only because of the inherent qualities of the material, but also because of the re-seasoning process (here is Matthew's guide). This can be off putting, as it sounds laborious and time consuming. The reality is that it is quite simple and the kind of job that almost 'does itself' so you can go potter in the garden, have a cuppa, and just check on progress intermittently. Much like when you revive your hotplates,seasoning uses low impact products.
The pans are reassuringly naturally non-stick.
We loved hearing from Ruth at the beginning of this year. Ruth is a big fan of the Baking Cloche, "The crust and crumb were amazing."
But it is not only a cloche, the tray can be used in all manner of ways! As a baking tray, pizza tray, serving platter....!
Made in the UK, every last little bit! Each Piece is individually hand crafted using traditional machines, reassuringly slowly, you cannot rush craft! This is a 1930's flypress, a precise and powerful piece of equipment. Neil is punching a hole in a pie dish for the all important Netherton rivet!
The spun cast iron has all the benefits of cast iron but with half the weight. It holds heat brilliantly and cooks evenly.
I just love the little brass rivets. ..
Each one pressed in with care. Skilled staff, here is Mandy, make sure each item is individual.
Each hand spun solid oak handle and knob is branded by hand. The oak is sourced from a low impact, independently managed woodland.Seasoned for two years. Cedric, The Forester, documents each felled tree's journey in a humble notebook. From one mighty oak, many handles and knobs are made.
The heavy duty baking sheet, especially designed to be suitable for the runners of an Aga range cooker, ensures that your pizza cooks evenly. Preheat them in your roasting oven and cook 4 pizzas at a time! Don't forget your pizza peel!
Did you make it through all that information! Thanks for reading, we hope that you love the product as much as we do!
Here are 10 reasons why we think this is a purchase that will last a lifetime
- Cast Iron Is just brilliant at retaining heat, for even baking around and underneath your bake.
- Cast iron heats evenly, ensuring that browning is consistent.
- The Bakeware can be used in very hot ovens for recipes that require a burst of heat, up to a whopping 300℃!
- They are solid, no springs to weaken, no loose base to go missing, no joins to come apart.
- If re-seasoned regularly, they are naturally non-stick.
- The bakeware is responsibly made in the UK, using traditional methods to hand-spin the iron, by a family firm.
- They are 100% recyclable, not that you'd need to any time soon, but it is reassuring to know that they are a low environmental impact purchase.
- They are simply put, beautiful.
- The bakeware is resilient, the cast iron is reassuringly strong and gains character and patina as it ages.
- Every piece is handmade, so unique to you. Each item is part of a comprehensive collection, to accommodate all your baking needs.
Our current range includes -
- A 8.5" Cake Tin
- Two sizes of Loaf Tin 2lb and 1lb
- The stunning Cloche
- A versatile and heavy duty Baking Sheet - perfect for flat bread bakes, scones, pizza and more!
- The Ultimate Kettle
- A sturdy Cook Book Stand, that can hold substantial cook books.
- A neat little Trivet, capable of withstanding the hottest of pots
- A perfectly poised Pizza Peel
- A large base Frying Pan, perfect for a fry up!
- A Prospector Pan, great for cooking tagines & casseroles, although it is just as usable for fast cooking too! Easily transferred from hob to oven
- Flax oil, a re-seasoning essential.
Delish foodie photos thanks to Sue at Netherton and her food filled blog!