I have been getting a lot of requests for these cool shelf/baking trays for use with Aga range cookers so have finally added them to the online store here... cool shelf / baking tray for use with Aga range cookers.
Now do we all know how to use these properly? Thought not!
Here are some do's and don'ts!
- Keep the cool shelf/baking tray outside the oven, not in it! It will last longer and be more effective when you need to use it.
- Use the cool shelf to shield items in the oven from the vast heat coming from the roof of the roasting oven when baking. This is crucial in a 2 oven AGA range cooker as you have no dedicated baking oven!
- Use the cool shelf for no more than about 30mins. If you need longer replace it with a new, cool, one from outside the oven.
- The lower position you use the cool shelf the more powerful the cooling effect. When baking cakes usually the best place is on the floor of the oven with the shelf directly above.
- If you find your cooking has browned perfectly but want to keep heating to make sure it is cooked properly then slide the cool shelf on top, perfect!