By: Sarah Whitaker
Meal Type: Accompaniments
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: A festive family!
The perfect accompaniment for Christmas pudding and mince pies!
- 4 oz (110g) unsalted butter
- 4 oz (110g) light muscovado sugar
- Grated rind of an orange
- 4 tbsp dark rum or brandy
- Put the butter into a bowl and put beside the range cooker to soften for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the butter, and add the sugar and orange rind and then gradually beat in the rum or brandy. Pile into a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- On Christmas Day, remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature before spooning generously over Christmas pudding or mince pies.