Meal Type: Main course
Cook time: 50 Minutes
Servings: At least two!
Roasting the aubergines first before [see recipe] adding to the stir-fry gives them a chance to soak up all the flavour from the delicious miso glaze.
Miso glaze (enough for 2-3 aubergines)
For the stir fry
- Vegetable oil
- 100g/3.5oz.baby corn, halved lengthways
- 100g/3.5oz. mange-tout
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Noodles – either ‘straight-to-wok’ or cooked as per packet instructions
- Sliced red chilli and fresh coriander to serve
You may need...
- Chop the aubergine into chunks and place in a bowl. Drizzle over half the glaze and toss to coat thoroughly. Tip the aubergine out onto a baking tray lined with a silicone baking sheet or greaseproof paper. See full miso aubergine recipe here.
- Slide onto the second runners of the roasting oven and roast for approximately 30 minutes, or until soft.
Meanwhile prepare everything needed for the stir-fry. Pre-heat a wide-based non-stick pan on the boiling plate or floor of the roasting oven. Add a good slug of oil and then the baby corn. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes until starting to soften and brown a little. Add the mange tout and spring onions and stir-fry briefly before adding the remaining glaze. Add the noodles and cook for a further minute or so, stirring to ensure everything is well coated in the glaze.
Finally, stir through the roasted aubergine and garnish with sliced spring onions, sliced chilli and fresh coriander.
Aga range cooker tips and notes:
For best results when stir-frying on the Aga range cooker, use a non-stick pan with a broad base rather than a traditional wok. Having as much of the pan in contact with the hotplate ensures you can reach a suitable temperature for stir-frying.