By: Beth Al Rikabi
Meal Type: Desserts
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: Serves 6
This classic indulgent pudding has a vegan makeover and still feels super naughty!
Pop the oat milk and dates in a pan then bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes. Take off the heat and add in the bicarbonate of soda which will bubble up and froth a bit. Allow to cool down.
When cool, blend to a smooth paste.
Whisk together butter, sugar, tahini and fresh ginger for a couple of minutes to get some air in.
- Add the date mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add in flour, ground ginger and salt then whisk until smooth before pouring into a baking tray and baking for 30 ish minutes.
- If you are feeling frisky you can also make a cheeky toffee sauce by slowly bringing to a simmer the agave, soft brown sugar and vegan marg in a heavy based pan.
- Leave to do its thing without stirring for 5 minutes then leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Gently mix in the light tahini and the dairy free cream.
- This recipe freezes really well to make more than you need and pop some aside for a quick treat another time.
- You can also add nuts or chopped apple to mix it up a bit.
"I’m Beth The Free Range Chef and as the name suggests, I pop up all over the place creating mostly plant based foods for retreats, supper clubs and my local farm shop. Sourcing producers with care and using seasonal and foraged ingredients helps me to reduce my food waste and create food inventively, something I’m passionate about sharing with others and making seem achievable and enjoyable. When I’m not in the kitchen or combing the hedgerows, I’m jumping in cold water, writing recipes and dreaming of far fetched flavour combinations!"