By: Katy Boys
Meal Type: Drink
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Servings: You choose!
For those times when all around you seem a little under the weather, and the last thing you need is a cold! Or for when long winter days make you yearn for a burst of sunshine, all be it in a cup. This is less of a recipe, more of a put it together and warm it through kind of affair! Just keep an eye on it, different milks warm through at different speeds.
This warming milky tonic is so easy to make, lends itself to being dairy free, and can be kept in the fridge for a few days, to gently be warmed through. Ward off the winter bugs, and give yourself a boost with a happy little cup!
Making this in a pan that you can swiftly move from hob to simmering oven is best, as you can then use your range cooker effectively using the 80/20 rule.
- Use your favourite cup as a measure, and pop the chosen liquid in your pan (ingredients below are approximate per cup)
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (1-inch) piece turmeric, fresh won't leave a residue in cup and is a slightly cleaner taste, or 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric (just stir well before gulping it down)
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (V)
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Ground cinnamon (for a light dusting)
Easy peasy warming through -
Put all your ingredients in a pan, warm through to boiling. Once it has mingled and warmed through nicely, move to the simmering oven and leave for around 8-10 Mins to infuse more... then serve with a light dusting of cinnamon.
Then Curl up with your favourite book, a knee blanket ( go on! ) and sip regularly.Chill in fridge any leftovers and warm through as required.