How to Cook a Soufflé in an Aga Range Cooker
Blake & Bull community member CB e-mailed us to ask for our soufflé tips!
"I’d like to try a soufflé in my four oven Aga range cooker. Do you recommend baking them on the bottom of my roasting oven with a cold plain shelf on the top runners? Or would you suggest baking in the baking oven.'
You may need...
- A pastry brush
- A set of ramekins - fridge and freezer safe
- A tray that fits on runners
- A liner in case there are any spillages
- A metal mixing spoon
- A mixing bowl
- A whisk or food processor
Tips & Advice
- Relax - any soufflé recipe requires a soft hand and a gentle fold!
- Have your serving plates prepared - so you can serve quickly!
- Equip yourself with a tray that fits directly on your oven runners, and a set of ramekins.
- Butter your ramekins! Have a pastry brush to hand to brush all your pots as you melt the butter at the start of the process.
- You can keep your mix in the fridge for 24Hrs in advance, but you must be ready to eat as soon as you cook - no hardship there!
- You can even freeze them in your ramekins and tray, cook 20 mins (approx, recipe dependent) from frozen.
- I prefer to use a metal spoon for folding, I find the edge is better for folding delicate egg whites - that's my tip!
- Enjoy! YUM
Happy rising! And we love to see the results of your efforts! Please send us in your snaps!
UPDATE! CB sent in a photo of her Soufflé efforts, and here it is! WOW!